Welcome to Step Local. This document is published in accordance with the provisions of Rule 3
(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries guidelines) Rules, 2011 that require
https://steplocal.app/ website and STEP application for mobile and handheld
https://steplocal.app/ (the “Website") and our “STEP” application
for mobile and handheld devices (the “App"). The Website and the App are jointly and/
services on the Platform, and we request you to uninstall the App. By installing,
downloading or even merely using the Platform, you shall be contracting with STEP and you
on the Platform from time to time, which takes effect on the date on which you download,
install or use the Services, and create a legally binding arrangement to abide by the same.
The Platform is operated and enabled by SERVE TO EMPOWER PEOPLE (STEP) FOUNDATION, a section
8 not for profit company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 (18 OF 2013) and having
its registered office at Silver Tower , E/301, Opp. Gokul Tower, Thakur Complex , Kandivali
requires, “you” shall mean any natural or legal person who has agreed to become a buyer or
customer on the Platform by providing Registration Data while registering on the Platform as
a registered user using any electronic device or computer systems.
STEP connects participant local businesses, such as perishable vendors, flower suppliers,
Kirana stores, restaurants, merchants to buyers, promoting safety as well as local
businesses (“Platform Services"). The buyers ("Buyer/s") request from variety
of products listed (or message list of products, if not listed) and offered for sale by
various neighbourhood merchants ("Merchant/s"), on the Platform and STEP enables
delivery of such orders (“Orders”) at select localities of serviceable cities across
India (“Delivery Services"). The Platform Services and Delivery Services are
collectively referred to as Services". For the delivery services rendered, STEP may
charge you delivery fee (inclusive of applicable taxes whenever not expressly mentioned).
The App is solely a facilitator of communications between the Merchant members and users.
Unless expressly stated otherwise on the Site or the App, the goods and services featured on
the App are offered, provided, sold and delivered by the merchant members.
- You agree and acknowledge that STEP shall not be responsible for-
- the merchant serving the incorrect orders
- the availability or unavailability of certain items on the menu
- the merchant’s services or goods not being up to your expectations or leading to any
loss, harm or damage to you. STEP is in no way responsible for the quality of goods
or services offered by the merchant members. All questions regarding merchant
members’ products and/or services featured on the App should be directed to the
appropriate merchant members.
- Eligibility– Services of the Site would be available to only selected
- Accounts & Registration Obligations
- All shoppers must register and login for placing orders on the Site.
- You must keep your account and registration details current and correct for
communications related to your purchases from the site. By agreeing to the terms and
conditions, the shopper agrees to receive promotional communication and newsletters
- You are responsible for the security and confidentiality of the User Codes and agree
not to disclose them to any third party, including, if you are accessing the App, on
behalf of any company or organization, any other employee in your company or
- You are responsible for any and all information provided and any and all orders,
acts and/or omissions that occur while User Codes and/or a mobile phone that has a
phone number provided by you and recognized by our systems to be associated with the
User Codes are/is being used, in each case, whether by you or a third party.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password
and for restricting access to your account, and you agree to accept responsibility
for all activities that occur under your account or password.
- You agree to notify us immediately in the event of loss, theft or disclosure of any
or all of the User Codes, if you believe the confidentiality or security of any or
all of the User Codes has been compromised in any way or in the event of your
learning about a possible or actual unauthorized access to and/or use of the App.
- You are limited to one User Code. Duplicate User Codes may be revoked. We reserve
the right to revoke or modify the User Codes at any time with or without prior
- Prices & Availabilities
- The information contained on the App regarding prices, specifications and
availability of the products and/or services listed on the Apps has been provided by
- All the listed products will be sold at MRP unless Specified. Although prices of
most of the products do not fluctuate daily but some of the commodities and fresh
food prices may be subject to changes. STEP is in no way responsible for the prices
set or shown on the merchant’s store front on the App. In case the prices are higher
or lower on the date of delivery no additional charges will be collected or refunded
at the time of the delivery of the order.
- Although App attempts to make certain that the prices, specifications and
availability listed on the App and those posted in the stores on the date they are
viewed on the App, are the same, and that unavailable products and/or services
(e.g., out-of-stock items or out-of-geographical range or discontinued services) are
clearly marked or removed from the inventory on the App, STEP shall not be
responsible for differences / discrepancies on a daily basis.
- Prices, specifications and availability of products and/or services may differ and
are subject to change, including but not limited to, your selection of a delivery or
pickup date that is different from the date on which you place your order. Also,
prices charged by merchant members that use third party delivery services may
sometimes be different than those charged in their physical stores.
- STEP does not review and assumes no responsibility for any products or services
mentioned/displayed on the App.
- You agree to make your own independent evaluation of the products and services
mentioned on the App, including their quality.
- Cancellations and Refunds
- Customer cancellation
- As a rule, you are not entitled to cancel the order once placed. You may
choose to cancel the order only within one-minute of the order being placed
by you. However, subject to the previous cancellation history, the App
reserves the right to deny any refund to you pursuant to a cancellation
initiated even if the same is within one-minute.
- If you cancel the order after one minute of placing it, the App shall have a
right to charge 100% of the order amount as the cancellation fee, with a
right to either not to refund the order value in case the order is prepaid
or recover from subsequent order in case the order is postpaid, to
compensate our merchants and delivery partners.
- Non-Customer Cancellation
The App reserves the right to charge the cancellation fee for the orders
constrained to be cancelled by the App for reasons not attributable,
including but not limited to:
- a. In the event if the address provided by you is either wrong or falls
outside the delivery zone
- b. failure to contact you by phone or email at the time of delivering the
- Property Rights: Compliance with Law
- The App and all content submitted by us is STEP property and is protected by
applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
- Except as expressly authorized herein, the user may not, directly or indirectly,
reproduce, transmit, sell, display, distribute, publish, broadcast, circulate,
modify, disseminate or commercially exploit, in each case, whether in whole or in
part and all content submitted by STEP on the App or in any manner (including
electronic, print or other media now known or hereafter developed) without express
law, rule or regulation (whether of the India or other countries), or any rights of
any third party is prohibited.
- The user agrees not to use the App, or the Content for any unlawful purposes and to
comply with any and all requests from STEP, to protect its respective rights in the
App, any and all content submitted by STEP.
- The user agrees that he/she will not, directly or indirectly, access, scrape, copy
or otherwise use any portion of the Site or the Content to, in each case, whether
alone or with others, engage in any activity or provide any product or service that,
in good faith judgment, is competitive with products or services, or disparage or
discredit or any STEP products or services.
- Further, the user may not, and agree not to, sell, license or otherwise provide
access to and/or use of any of the App, or the Content, to any third party for any
purpose whatsoever, including to build or offer a product or service that, in our
good faith judgment, is competitive with our products or services.
- The user will not download the Content to the computer and print out a hard copy for
your reference and internal use and display.
- The user will not remove any copyright, trademark or other notices or disclaimers
contained in the Content.
- We expressly prohibit the use of devices (including software) designed to provide
repeated automated access to the App and/or the Content, including for any
commercial purpose, except for those devices expressly authorized by us.
- We reserve the right to take any and all measures necessary to prevent such access,
including denial or termination of your access to the App
changes on the Platform, and you shall be liable to update yourself of such changes, if
any, by accessing the changes on the Platform. You shall, at all times, be responsible
changes made on the Platform. Your continued usage of the services after any change is
non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited privilege to access, enter, and use the
other terms and conditions and STEP policies (including but not limited to Cancellation
Platform from time to time.
The User unilaterally agree to indemnify and hold harmless, without objection, the
Company, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims,
actions and/or demands and/or liabilities and/or losses and/or damages whatsoever
arising from or resulting from their use of the platform or their breach of the terms .
User agrees that neither Company nor its group companies, directors, officers or employee
shall be liable for any direct or/and indirect or/and incidental or/and special or/and
consequential or/and exemplary damages, resulting from the use or/and the inability to
use the service or/and for cost of procurement of substitute goods or/and services or
resulting from any goods or/and data or/and information or/and services purchased or/and
obtained or/and messages received or/and transactions entered into through or/and from
the service or/and resulting from unauthorized access to or/and alteration of user’s
transmissions or/and data or/and arising from any other matter relating to the service,
including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits or/and use or/and data or
other intangible, even if Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
User further agrees that Company shall not be liable for any damages arising from
interruption, suspension or termination of service, including but not limited to direct
and/ or indirect or/and incidental or/and special consequential or/and exemplary
damages, whether such interruption or/and suspension or/and termination was justified or
not, negligent or intentional, inadvertent or advertent.
User agrees that Company shall not be responsible or liable to user, or anyone, for the
statements or conduct of any third party of the service. In sum, in no event shall
Company’s total liability to the User for all damages or/and losses or/and causes of
action exceed the amount paid by the User to Company, if any, that is related to the
cause of action.
- Disclaimer of Consequential Damages
In no event shall Company or any parties, organizations or entities associated with the
corporate brand name us or otherwise, mentioned at this Website be liable for any
damages whatsoever (including, without limitations, incidental and consequential
damages, lost profits, or damage to computer hardware or loss of data information or
business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the Website and the
Website material, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory,
and whether or not, such organization or entities were advised of the possibility of
- You agree to comply with any and all rules, restrictions and disclaimers that are
posted on the App.
- All materials on the App are meant to be reviewed in their entirety, including any
footnotes, legal disclaimers, restrictions, disclosures and copyright or proprietary
- Disclaimers, restrictions, disclosure or hedge clauses apply to any partial document
or material in the same manner as they do to the whole, and will be deemed
incorporated in the portion of any material or document that you consult or